Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sound Mixing

Right now I am using Audacity extensively. It is a sound recording and mixing tool, available for several OS and pretty intuitive to use.

It is really fun making audio CD-s. I found an old sound bite CD from a former colleague (thanks, Juergen). He gave it to me as a gift once with hundreds of little WAVs to add effects to the recordings. As the end products of my little projects are intended for our own use or to give to friends, I added one song from a pop CD as a background to one of the tracks. That comes out really nice. And for sure, the internet is a huge archive of sounds I started to use:
Sure, there are always challenges (how do you convert a wma into a wav file without iTunes?), but I love challenges. The last one is pretty tough as we don't have the book from the recording any more. As a result I don't know where to place the 'turn page' sound bite. I think I figured it out with the little breaks in the recording, let's see what the feedback is:-)

No comments:

Bookmark and Share